POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More Blockwall Examples : Re: More Blockwall Examples Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Blockwall Examples
From: Chris B
Date: 30 Dec 2008 07:26:20
Message: <495a136c@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:495968a9@news.povray.org...
>  I made a bridge similar to yours but with meshes.
>
>  5 minutes, that's fast.

How long did your mesh version take to render?
Of course mine doesn't use any complex lighting and I am on quite a quick
machine.

Most of the test renders are very quick because I can simply specify a
larger block size. Doubling the block size quarters the number of blocks and
still looks reasonable. I've now altered the model to enable the approach
roads to be curved. In this image I've also added a light under the middle
arch to help show off the blockwork.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blockwall_24.jpg' (137 KB)